I haven’t blogged in a while – I’ve been busy with exams and then work, and I had a couple of things I was going to blog about but never got round to. A job for tomorrow I think. But I logged on to read a few other blogs and discovered I’d received The Liebster Award! Thankyou very much tailsfromprovence, Marie and whatkaytididnext
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognise blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know you have nominated them.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
- I have a dog and two cats
- I drive an burgundy Ford Fiesta
- I go to Harper Adams University
- I study BSc (Hons) Rural Enterprise and Land Management
- I’m a waitress for the summer
- I love sailing :)
- I also love horses
- I have no horse :(
- It has to be Waitrose Essentials tea.
- I love raspberry brulee cheesecake
- I’m an 8th Dutch
Eleven Questions For Me, from tailsfromprovence
1. My-Nom-in-Ees, do-doo-be-dooby….. did you just sing that in your head?
Can’t say I did, sorry…
2. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and would you eat it again?
I don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything thing that weird to be honest… I’m not very adventurous, but my sister tells me I used to eat mud when I was little….
3. If you weren’t into horses, what would your favourite sport be?
Definitely sailing, but also maybe badminton. It’s about the only thing I can play! Love watching the Tour de France and Wimbledon too :)
4. Do you have hairy toes?
How hairy’s hairy? ;)
5. Did you just take off your shoes and socks to check?
6. Seriously, though… did you have a pet/pets growing up? Species/Names/Quirks please
I had a cat called Hearty and another called Pusskins which we still had. We had some fish at one point, a rabbit and guinea pig called Lala and Po, and then three guinea pigs later called Salt, Pepper and Mischief :) And gerbils. We started off with two but I think we had about 20 at one point. Never, ever again.
7. Do you tan, burn, freckle or none of these?
8. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? Or what?
Tea, every time!
9. Would you ever eat horse meat? Even in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust
Yes – I have no problem with eating horse meat as long as it is reared with animal welfare in mind, properly passported and traceable.
10. What’s the furthest you’ve ever travelled?
I went to Canada when I was very little to visit family, and hope to go there again at some point.
11. How would you feel if you were told Blogging has been banned from the internet?
Gutted! And angry – it’s a very useful tool! :)
1. Do you have a nickname, and if yes, name it and explain it!
Mads – shortened from Maddi!
2. What is your porn star name (first pet’s name and mother’s maiden name) and if you have heard of any others, what was the best? (a personal favourite of mine is ‘PosyPops Dickie. Chuckle.)
Lala Slater… Hmmm….
3. What is your worst habit?
Lazy hands when I ride!
4. Do you have an unusual talent, party piece or anything that seems just a little ‘original.’
Not particularly that I know of… Does telling really pointless stories that make so much more sense in my head count?
5. If you are a rider, name one aspect of the sport you would love to try. If not, name a sport you would dearly love to try.
Western! And carriage driving! Now I’m without a steed, I’m quite keen to try loads of different types of riding and equine sports just for the sake of it (hint hint if anyone wants to teach to me ride western/tolt/limbo on a horse)
6. Favourite place in the UK? And why?
Watermouth Cove in Devon – we go there for holidays a lot and it’s beautiful :)
7. Have you ever encountered anyone famous? Who, and what happened? (I know someone who has, em, had a lusty encounter with Gerard Butler. I can’t reveal who which makes me almost burst at times!)
Is Adam Henson famous? I met him at uni. I’ve been tweeted by some famous people :)
8. Favourite sweet (of the confectionary type.) Or if sweet isn’t your style, a favourite savoury snack.
Hmm I like licorice (sp?!) :)
9. Why do you blog? Answer must not exceed ten words!
It makes me happy :)
10. Today you are allowed to walk up to anyone (famous or not) and give them a good smack on the side of the head! Who? And why?
Hahahaaa oh I couldn’t possibly mention who they are on here!
11. Best pet/horse name you have ever heard (and the story behind it if you know it.)
My friend once tried out a horse called Lady Bejangles
- 1. Where do you want to travel most in the world?
- Canada. Or Iceland. Or Scandinavia. OR a tour of islands around the UK :)
- 2. You are stuck on a desert island, you can only take 3 objects ore beings with you, what or who do you choose?
- A good book, a knife (being practical here) and… my iPod :)
- 3. What is your favourite cuisine?
- 4. Which is your favourite domestic and wild animal and why?
- I love horses and birds of prey :)
- 5. What quality do you most value in yourself or others?
- I think I’m quite hard working. Really I think it’s important to be kind.
- 6. What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Giving my sister a bath.
- 7. Chicken or the egg?
- 8. Does charity begin at home?
- Yes. I think we need to re-think how we do charity. But that’s a blog in itself…
- 9. What is your favourite period in history?
- 1994 – present day ;)
- 10. Who inspires you?
- The first person to really inspire me must have been Ellen MacArthur
- 11. What is your big dream right now?
- Finish uni and get a job that allows me to afford a pony :)
Questions For Nominees
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you have any pets?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- What’s your favourite thing to do?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Which of your blog posts is your favourite?
- What’s your favourite TV program and why?
- Where is your favourite place?
- Best night of your life?
Nominees! – I’m working on them, this list will grow…
- Borrowing Freedom Irene blogs about her experiences horse riding whilst dealing with M.E. ‘Love horses, baking & F1. Writing about riding with an invisible illness. Achieving the dreams I can while waiting for a cure to be found for M.E.’